Fix It: When iPhone Won’t Allow Apps Access to Your Photos
I wanted to Instagram but the app kept telling me it needed access to my photos. It told me to enable this in the setting Privacy -> Photos.
Navigating to this screen, it said “Apps that have requested access to your photos will appear here”.
But there were no apps. Zippo.
I tried several things, including deleting Instagram and re-installing, attempting to change my Instagram profile picture to prompt it to request access to my photos, and confirming that the setting under General -> Restrictions -> Privacy -> Photos was set to “Allow Changes”.
Nothing worked, until I did this:
- Go to the setting General -> Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy.
- Enter your passcode and follow prompt to reset Location & Privacy.
- Login to Instagram, and take a photo.
- Follow prompts to allow access to your camera and photos.
- Microphone and location can be allowed as well, if you like.